Advising On The Complexities Of International Taxation

International taxation involves determining the tax laws that apply to you between different countries. International taxes can be applied based on residency, location of property, and profits and personal income received between countries.

Polten & Associates, Lawyers and Notaries, will help you identify the tax laws that apply to you and how to approach any tax laws that should not apply.

Our comprehensive knowledge of cross-border tax agreements between Canada, Germany, Austria and Switzerland is leveraged to highlight optimal tax provisions for your situation.

Relief From Double Taxation

Double taxation is one of the most complex areas of tax law and the most commonly contested. This area involves paying a specific tax twice -- one domestically and the other internationally. This can occur in many areas of law, including:

  • Home ownership
  • Business expansion
  • Family and estate laws
  • Corporate profits or income

We can help you identify why each country is taxing you, and determine if their taxes are necessary. We will devise strategies to refute their justifications and highlight any amendments that can be made. Our firm's tax experience allows us to effectively identify and negotiate any applicable relief provisions in Canada and Germanic nations.

German Translation

In addition to our general knowledge of tax laws within Canada, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, we are also a fully bilingual law firm.

We can help you translate complicated tax documents without losing any of the intended meaning. We use this skill to resolve any issues that may result in non-compliance with domestic and International tax laws.

As well, we provide advice and direction on how to proceed in all general tax matters and litigation. In areas that require additional legal assistance abroad, we have a network of legal professionals in German-speaking countries that can lend their support.

Discuss Your Tax Law Matter With A Lawyer

If you have questions or concerns about international tax laws and how they affect you, it is best to seek legal advice as soon as possible.

Call Polten & Associates in Toronto at 647-724-4175 or toll-free at 866-322-6521, or use our online form to reach us by email.